Heartland Events Center - 2019 Clear Bag Policy
Article posted on: 2019-02-11 00:00:00
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers to help patrons prepare for the upcoming changes.
What’s allowed into the Heartland Events Center – Grand Island?
Answer: Clear, uncolored plastic tote-bags will be permitted, or guest may use a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). Additionally, guests may also bring clutch-sized wallets, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long, after proper security screening for arena events. Only one bag is allowed per ticket holder.
What is not allowed inside the Heartland Events Center?
Answer: No large purses, bags, backpacks or fanny-packs will be permitted inside the venue. Staff members are not allowed to hold or store bags during an event.
Can I place my oversized purse inside my clear plastic bag and still gain entrance?
Answer: No. Everything must be easily visible within the clear plastic bag upon entering the security line.
What if I accidentally bring a bag or item that is not permitted?
Answer: In the event a patron arrives with an unapproved bag, the bag will not be allowed in to the facility.
What if I carry medical items that will not fit into a clear plastic bag?
Answer: Heartland Events Center staff-members are happy to make special accommodations for bags with medical necessity. However, each bag will need to be properly searched by security before entrance.
Does my diaper bag also need to be clear plastic?
Answer: Yes. However, the hope is that by offering admittance to larger-sized, clear tote bags that families will have minimal inconvenience. Reminder: one bag is allowed per ticket-holder.
How do I get through the security line quicker?
Answer: Arrive early. Doors for events at the Heartland Events Center typically open 60-minutes prior to an event. Lines can get bogged down with last minute arrivals, so budgeting extra time for security can help ensure patrons have plenty of time to get in and find their seats.
Where can I purchase an additional clear plastic bag with a Heartland Events Center logo? Answer: A limited number of Heartland Events Center logoed bags will be available for purchase at the Heartland Events Center. They will also be available for sale in the Fonner Park General Offices.
Can attendees carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Answer: Spectators will be able to carry in other items such as binoculars and cameras, but their cases will not be allowed. Binoculars and cameras will be screened at the security checkpoint.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried in?
Answer: No. Due to the configuration of the Heartland Events Center, seat cushions are not a necessity.
Does this policy apply to Heartland Events Center Staff?
Answer: Working personnel, including accredited news media, will enter through designated doors where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections of the same manner.
PROHIBITED ITEMS AND BEHAVIOR:
- Any type of weapon, fake weapon, or object resembling a weapon. This includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, knives, straight edge razors, brass knuckles, swords, dangerous ordinance, Tasers, chains, and all other categories of weapons, whether such items are real or replica weapons. This includes permit holders possessing or carrying lawfully concealed weapons in or around the facility. Weapons cannot be checked in to Security or Guest Services.
- Alcohol / Drugs / Illegal Substances / Vaporizing Pens / Smoking / E-cigs. The Heartland Events Center operates as a smoke free facility.
- Professional Cameras / Cameras with Lenses greater than 3” / Detachable Lenses / Tripods / Monopods / Selfie Sticks
- Audio Recording / Video Recording
- Laser Pointing Devices / Glow Sticks
- Drones in any area of the Fonner Park Campus
- Hover Boards / Heely / Skateboards / Rollerblades
- Noise making devices of any kind / Whistles / Air Horns
- Beach Balls / Bubbles / Footballs / Frisbees / Balloons / Fireworks / Pyrotechnics / Confetti / Glitter / Aerosols
- Masks should not be worn at any time inside the Heartland Events Center
- Signs / Banners
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Bicycles / Helmets / Chairs
- Abusive or Foul Language / Disruptive Language / Obscene Clothing / Indecent Clothing
- Animals, Except Service Animals
- Any item deemed to compromise public safety
If your conduct endangers or disrupts guests or others involved in the event, the Heartland Events Center reserves the right to remove you from the premises.