Danger Grounds Beef 50-34

The Omaha Beef (6-7) traveled to Grand Island on a three game win streak and a goal of improving their chances of making the IFL playoffs. The Nebraska Danger (5-8) are out of playoff contention, but still wanted to make a statement in the final home game of the season and win the tie-breaker game for Nebraska bragging rights against their in-state rival.

After a slow start offensively for both teams, the Danger found their rhythm in the second quarter and quickly put up 28 points. Rocky Hinds found Kayne Farquharson sprinting down the middle of the field with only one defender covering him and threw a 30 yard pass for Farquharson to grab for a touchdown. On the next offensive play, Hinds tried the same trick and this time Farquharson pulled in a 45 yard pass for another Danger touchdown. The Danger took the lead into halftime 31-17.

The Beef looked to be mounting a comeback after halftime. Omaha returned the opening kickoff of the second half for a touchdown and then returned a fumble for another touchdown. A field goal later and the Beef had the lead 34-31.

Just when the Danger looked like their backs were against the wall, Hinds found Chris Bell in the end zone to regain the lead 37-34. The Danger went on to score two more touchdowns to secure the victory 50-34.

The Nebraska Danger defense held the Omaha Beef to only 155 total yards and only gave up one touchdown offensively. Derrick Byrd, Michael Atunrase, and Dedrick Tucker took turns sacking Beef quarterback James McNear for a total of 5 sacks and 20 yards.

The top receivers for the Danger were Farquharson with 4 receptions for 97 yards and three touchdowns, Ryan Moore with 5 receptions for 68 yards and one touchdown and Bell with 4 receptions for 40 yards and two touchdowns. Hinds finished 15 of 27 for 201 passing yards.

The final game of the season is a trip for the Nebraska Danger to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to battle the Titans on Saturday, June 16.

A special thank-you to our Partners